Monday, September 14, 2009

Love, the Final Frontier

After much procrastination and resistance, the constant hounding of people who actually ride the magical and ridiculous Floyd blog wave have convinced me to unleash this next one to the whole blogging world. I'm writing the following post knowing full well that I will surly take quite a bit of flack in its wake. On the same token I'm expecting every highly emotional female in the free world to pour their tender little hearts out to me. Yes those tender little hearts that they have hidden under those cute little tata's. This should be interesting... as if I, Bryan Floyd actually have an effin' clue what the hell I'm talking about, hear goes nothin'.

Love... yeah, that's right i said it. It's quite fragile this thing that we call love, almost like grandmas fine china but with more emotions attached. Don't get me wrong I've seen grandma weep over her broken dinner plates before but not like this. What i mean to say is that one day just like that fucking late 90's song your sister has on a mix-tape somewhere, you're "truly, madly, deeply" in love. If you're not careful with this love, just with the flick of a switch it could all just fade away. This leaves you with your thoughts and possibly that blow up doll that your buddy duct tapped you to that one birthday when you passed out at the bar.

The age old saying that "it's better to have loved than to never have loved at all" by my perception which isn't worth much by the way... has proven true time and time again. Love is this timeless emotion, you never forget the feeling. I have already forgotten what i had for lunch today but I will never forget my first love or my second for that matter. It's truly a feeling that sticks with you forever. What exactly is love though? Is love not the act of two beings who are utterly and immensely smitten with each other to the point where metaphorically speaking they share the same heart? Is the feeling of butterflies and the utter joy that you receive when you're with your counterpart not what makes it all worth while to let yourself fall for someone? I mean realistically there is a whole other aspect when it comes to love; i.e. the chemical aspect being the presence of pheromones and endorphins but I'm not gonna bore you with things that I truly don't know shit-all about. Obviously I didn't write the book on love but I believe it should almost come with a rule book attached to it. I would say that truth, trust, faithfulness, kindness, forgiveness would surely have to be on the first page of this book or at the very least in the first chapter. It must also cover about a thousand other chapters including one that touches on the act of loving someone unconditionally. Loving somebody for all of their faults, all of their inconsistencies, all of those little character traits especially the ones that drive you fucking banana sandwich. All of those little anatomises need to be rolled up and thrown out the window of a speeding car like your urine on a long road trip.

If nothing else, remember this... Love will always win by default! You can't fight the feeling, it's inevitable. I would personally characterize love as finding that one magical person that when your eyes meet, when your lips touch, when your fingers lock, everything else in your life just seems so insignificant in that one precious moment. It's almost like the whole world stops and all that's left is you and your significant other. If you have ever felt the raw emotion that overcomes you like a title wave on the ocean then by my standards you have experienced true love. Personally I haven't had my sensitive little heart broken since I was about 16. The funny thing about this is that when I was 16, I had no clue what the hell love was. I was oblivious to this whole wonderful world but it still hurt to have lost someone that was so close to me. I think this is the point when you can truly tell that you possess these feelings of love for another person. Heartbreak has to be one of the worst feelings in the world. It's an emotional hurricane that passes through you leaving nothing but rubble and a broken shell of the person that you used to be.

Apparently I've been working on breaking hearts for years it seems. I've come to find in my 25+ years on this planet that an abundance of lost souls, mostly females might I add, have let themselves fall for Dr. Floyd. Wise men have said that I'm doomed when it comes to love. Some have even called me out on this stating that I'm a complete asshole, idiot, douchebag. Most of them were probably right. Some ex mates may even want to punch a hole or two through my face, this goes without saying. These things are beyond me, to bring me back to my original point, love is fragile. I can't help this fact. Excuse me for being slightly redundant but the heart wants what the heart wants. All I know is that I'm happier with what I have at this current juncture of my life than I've even been. The love that I feel today is without a doubt the most genuine feeling that I've had for a significant other in a long time... possible ever. So it seems that i have a mission if i chose to except which i willingly do. My mission is to try extra hard not to fuck this one up. For now I'm just going to enjoy living in the moment and riding this magical wave while trying my damn hardest to avoid "hurricane" season!

1 comment:

Agata said...

:) Awww, what a sweet blog. Who knew Bryan had a heart. :P I'm kidding, of course.

I wish you two the best and like I said before, don't fuck it up! I think you got it though so I'm sure you'll be fine.