Monday, November 3, 2008

Chris Bosh... $15 Million Per Year... No Autographs For Fans?

Well... its freakin' November already, its also 20 degrees! It's been a pretty awesome week for my guy, couldn't lie about that if i tried. I met the Leafs last Tuesday for the first time at the Airport. Had the chance to talk to a couple players briefly including Ian White, Tomas Kaberle, Cujo, Vesa Toskala, and Pavel Kubina. The conversations were quite short with the exception of the one I had with Ian White who was the first to show up. Stand up guys, a decent group of multi-millionaire hockey players that had no problem mingling with fans and handing out autographs even after a tough loss. On Friday I had the privilege of meeting the Raptors for the second time. Having gotten a couple autographs the last time I was mainly in it for congratulations and small talk. I ended up talking to Jason Kapono and Jamario Moon who in my opinion are two of the most down to earth guys on the team. Almost everyone had come through... the only player left to see was Chris Bosh. I met Bosh last season on a night when the Raps came through and tried to snaggle an autograph from this now major superstar of the NBA. Chris was chatting with his agent, he said that he couldn't give any autographs at the time... speaking directly through his agent. He added that he would catch me next time, "no problem". Sooo here we are "next time", Bosh comes down the stairs... no agent... just plain old Chris. Here I am standing before this 6'10 monster superstar and he's coming directly towards me. I tried to make a little small talk "awesome game Chris, big night buddy" then proceeded with "hey Chris, do you think i can get your autograph?". Now I have met many famous people at the airport including actors, comedians, bands, politicians, sports stars but never have I seen a such a disgusting display of arrogance. This 6'10 monster NBA superstar turned into a 6'10 jackass before my eyes! Without even turning his head to look at me "Chris Bosh" an ambassador of Toronto, a Representative of the Toronto Raptors who's fans fill the seats day in and day out to pay his ridiculous salary walks right by me and without even flinching says"nah... next time". Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong Chris but I thought this was the next time. So there it is, Chris Bosh... $15 million per year, no autographs for fans. Clearly, Floyd is a little bitter about the whole thing but there wont be a next time for me. The next time i see Chris Bosh I'm gonna give him my autograph! The thing about it is, I don't need $15 million to pick up a pen and put it to a piece of paper. I will always cheer for the Raps and I will always cheer for Chris Bosh but it really goes to show how a little money and stardom can go straight to some of these players heads transforming them in some cases into ungrateful/arrogant assholes! I'm outta here, Later Kids.

2 comments:

howiet said...

The guy is being a fuck. I am going to fill in him in next time I see him Froido.....

fr0id said...

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it! Seriously though... I am going to give him my autograph.